Safe Family Fun Activities in Sarasota
There is so much more to offer than white sand beaches and sunsets when it comes fun family things to do in Sarasota! We picked some of the areas best activities that are safe during Covid-19 and will be sure to please the entire family.
- The Ringling, the State Art Museum of Florida, is home to one of the preeminent art and cultural collections in the United States. Spend a day or two exploring the 66 acre estate of John and Mable Ringling which also includes the Circus Museum, Ca’ d’Zan, The Historic Asolo Theater, Bayfront Gardens and more. Read more about COVID-19 restrictions here.
- Historic Spanish Point is located at 337 North Tamiami Trail just south of Sarasota in Osprey. Spanish Point is an archaeological site and history museum. There are prehistoric mounds, pioneer homestead, nature trails, boat tours and beautiful gardens. There is so much to see in the open air and sunshine! There are some changes to the indoor exhibits due to COVID-19. You can check all of that information our here.
- Take a Kayak Tour with Kayaking SRQ to get some exercise while exploring the mangrove tunnels! This is great for nature, animal, and photography lovers. Ages 2 to 102 will enjoy a relaxing and fun time while looking for manatees and dolphins. Take a look at the FAQ’s here to ensure your trip is a fun one.
- Explore your wild side at the Big Cat Habitat! Explore all of the exotic animals, petting zoo and you can even feed a big cat or bear. Like all other businesses, COVID-19 restrictions apply. So make sure you visit their website to see what their hours and changes are to accommodate a safe, family friendly atmosphere.
- Marie Selby Botanical Gardens is another outdoor attraction the whole family will love. Kids especially will love the Ann Goldstein Rainforest Garden that features an elevated garden that makes kids feel like they are high up in the treetops! Take a look at what the Botanical Gardens are doing to keep you and your family safe during COVID by clicking on the link.