COVID-19 Executive Orders For Vacation Rentals
The State Department of Business and Professional Regulation approved the county’s plan to open short term vacation rentals under the following conditions:
- Reservations cannot be accepted from New York, New Jersey, and Connecticut.
- Check in/check out and payment and arrival must be handled in a contact-less fashion. CLICK HERE for more information about our arrival / check-in procedures.
- All Florida Department of Business and Professional Regulation requirements and recommended safety measures related to vacation rentals should be followed, these may be updated from time to time. CLICK HERE for document.
- Property owners and Managers must provide CDC resources to any guest while staying on property.
- Property owners and Managers must provide CDC Guidance to guests traveling with pets and service/assistance animals if the property is pet friendly.
- Property owners and Managers must provide guests with Sarasota and Manatee Counties local COVID- 19 information from the dedicated webpages. CLICK HERE for local information.
- Property owners and Managers will provide employees or contractors working in short- term rentals the CDC related safety guidance to alleviate the transmission of the virus and provide further protection for employees and guests.
- All Department of Business and Professional Regulation (DBPR) sanitation guidelines must be followed: 61C-001 Sanitation and Safety Requirements of the transient lodging statutes.
- To inform guests signage will be placed at each property highlighting the cleaning protocols between stays.